The Certificate in Asian Studies is designed for majors in any field who wish to gain a broad knowledge of a world area that is of unique importance. Courses counted for the Certificate may also be counted for the major (when applicable).
Click here to access the Certificate in Asian Studies brochure
- 18 Semester hours from the courses listed by subject area (Please note that students may only use one language course towards the certificate requirements)
- At least 2 courses must be from Group A (Arts, Humanities, Religious and Language)
- At least 2 courses must be from Group B (Geography, History, International Studies, and Political Science). Other relevant courses must have prior approval from the certificate program advisor.
- Student must achieve a cumulative 2.5 GPA in the certificate program.
- Students are required to submit a copy of a graded paper from one of the Asian Studies Certificate courses that they took to obtain the certificate.
How to Apply for Asian Studies Certificate
- By the fifth week of the semester in which the student intends to graduate, the student must email the completed Asian Studies Certificate Application to the Asian Studies Certificate advisor (see below for contact information).
- With the application, the student must also submit a graded paper from any of the courses that are being used towards the certificate requirements.
For more information about the Undergraduate Certificate in Asian Studies, please email:
International Studies Undergraduate Advisor
Department of Government
and International Affairs
University of South Florida
4202 E Fowler Ave. SOC 389